- Дата публикации:20.01.2018
This fixed-term appointment is for a duration of two years with a six-month probationary period, and is subject to the OPCW Staff Regulations and Interim Staff Rules, as applicable. The OPCW is a non-career organisation with limited staff tenure. The Director-General retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. Several vacancies may be filled.
Under the supervision of the Senior Linguist (Russian), and in accordance with the OPCW Core Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity/Gender Equality, the incumbent performs the following duties:
· Translates (from English and one other official language into the Section’s language and exceptionally from the Section’s language into English) official OPCW documents on political, technological, legal, financial, administrative and scientific subjects.
· Translates (from English and one other official language into the Section’s language and exceptionally from the Section’s language into English) confidential OPCW documents.
· Self-revises translated texts and revises translations prepared by free-lance and contractual translators, as required.
· Provides simultaneous interpretation (from English and one other official language into the Section’s language and exceptionally from the Section’s language into English) for sessions and meetings of the OPCW and its policy-making organs and subsidiary bodies. The work includes interpretation of politically sensitive and/or technically complex subjects.
· Provides consecutive interpretation (from English into the Section’s language and from the Section’s language into English) at bilateral negotiations and on official missions.
· Undertakes terminological research necessary to solve problems of terminology and meaning prepares glossaries, technical vocabularies and related technical tools and develops new terminology for use where terminology equivalents do not exist in the Section’s language; maintains and updates the terminological database.
4. Performs other related duties such as:
· Participates in consultations with substantive units concerning manifest or possible inconsistencies or errors in the original text.
· Keeps abreast of politically sensitive and technically
complex issues, developments and terminology.
· Strictly complies with the OPCW confidentiality regime and performs all relevant procedures.
· Performs supervisory functions and participates in
recruitment interviews for language staff as necessary in the absence of the Senior Linguist.
Performs other duties, as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Essential: A degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in translation and interpretation, from a university or an institution of equivalent status. An equivalent or specialist training together with at least eleven years of relevant professional experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a university degree.
· High level skill and ability in translation (general, specialised, and technical subjects);
· Computer literacy, including knowledge and ability to work with Windows-compatible word-processing equipment;
Knowledge of the Chemical Weapons Convention and related disarmament and technical issues, as well as an understanding of international affairs, is desirable.
Skills and Abilities (key competencies):
· Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines as part of a team;
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment;
· Ability to plan and organise;
· Tact, accuracy, and respect for confidentiality;
· Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision in exceptional circumstances.
Essential: At least five years with an advanced university degree (at least seven with a first- level university degree) of continuous translation and preferably interpretation experience, preferably within the United Nations system.
A perfect command of the Russian language, both written and spoken, which must be a first language. An excellent knowledge of English is also required and a sound knowledge of at least one other official language of the Organisation (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish).
Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and provident fund deductions) in US$ and a post adjustment. The post adjustment (cost of living allowance) is variable and subject to change without notice in accordance with the rates as set within the UN Common System for salaries and allowances. The figure quoted on the right, is based on the January 2018 rate of 40.4%.
|With Dependants||No Dependants|
Сheck the vacancy page and send your CV: